Prev: Re: [GZG] Quotes Next: [GZG] FMA skirmish

[GZG] NAC - American style - new ships

From: "John Brewer" <jbrewer@w...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:41:40 GMT
Subject: [GZG] NAC - American style - new ships

-----Original Message-----
From: John Brewer
Sent: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:22:59 -0800
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

About 13 months ago, I posted "NAC - American style"
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200501/msg00090.html as an alternate
future history & a way of correcting the rather confusing nomenclature
of the ships in the fleet book.

Recently, I found the SSD's for the new NAC ships at
http://members.iinet.net.au/~stub/Full%20Thrust.html so I thought I
would chime in on these new additions to the New Atlantic Confederation
Deep Space Fleet.

Let's go over the nomenclature I used for the "Americanized" NAC...

Carriers - "Ships of Renown"
Dreadnoughts - member states of the Confederation
Battleships - American states, Canadian provinces, territories, and
islands
Battlecruisers - capitals
Cruisers - cities
Destroyers & Frigates - military heroes
Corvettes - American tribal
Scoutships - enumerated

You may have noticed that I held some nomenclature in reserve - English
counties, rivers, mythological characters, et al - in case there were
new classes of ships.  And my hunch was right.	Let's go to the new ship
classes...

Drake series EW Destroyers - ordinarily, since they're destroyers with
ADFC, they could use some of the names found at
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ships/ships-dd.html but since their
primary role is in reconnaissance & intelligence gathering,...

Ships in class: CHASER, FINDER, HOUNDER, HUNTER, LURKER, PATROLLER,
PROWLER, PURSUER, RECONNOITER, SEARCHER, SEEKER, SHADOWER, SKULKER,
STALKER, TRACER, TRACKER, WATCHER

Thunderer series Heavy Battleship -

Ships in class: CUMBERLAND, DEVONSHIRE, DORSETSHIRE, GLOUCESTERSHIRE,
NORFOLKSHIRE, SHROPSHIRE, SUFFOLKSHIRE, SUSSEXSHIRE, WARWICKSHIRE,
SOMERSET, HAMPSHIRE, LINCOLNSHIRE, YORKSHIRE, DURHAMSHIRE,
NORTHUMBERLAND, LANCASHIRE, CHESHIRE, BERKSHIRE, WILTSHIRE, OXFORDSHIRE,
LEICESTERSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, HEREFORDSHIRE,
WORCESTERSHIRE, STAFFORDSHIRE, KENTSHIRE

Fearless series Escort Carrier -

Ships in class: VALLEY FORGE, TICONDEROGA, BUNKER HILL, PRINCETON,
BENNINGTON, COWPENS, LAKE CHAMPLAIN, ORISKANY, TRAFALAGAR, ANTIETAM,
MANILA BAY, JUTLAND, BELLEAU WOOD, RIO DE LA PLATA, MATAPAN, CORAL SEA,
MIDWAY, PHILIPPINE SEA, LEYTE, HUE CITY, FALKLANDS, MEDINA RIDGE

Albion series Dreadnaught/Carrier Hybrid - named for colonial worlds of
the Confederation - Albion is the only one I know by name, but here are
possible names for NAC colonies - correct me if I'm off...

Ships in class: ALBION, NEW SOMERSET, NEW VERMONT, NUEVO PATAGONIA, NEW
DESERET, (more)

Blue Ridge & Hinkley series Auxiliaries -

Ships in class: ALTAIR, RIGEL, ALDEBARAN, POLARIS, MIZAR, TARAZED,
DENEBOLA, REGULUS, VEGA, SIRIUS, PROCYON, ANTARES, CAPELLA, SPICA,
BELLATRIX, ELECTRA, FOMALHAUT, BETELGEUSE, MARKAB, PLEIADES, MRA,
ALKAID, MATAR, SABIK, BAHAM, MENKAR, LESUTH, MEGREZ, PROPUS, CASTOR,
POLLUX, CANOPUS, (more)

Wichita series APR -

Ships in class: THAMES, SEVERN, CLYDE, CHESAPEAKE, POTOMAC, ANACOSTIA,
MERRIMAC, RAPPAHANNOCK, SUSQUEHANNA, PENOBSCOT, MONONGAHELA, HOUSATONIC,
PASSAIC, HACKENSACK, OSWEGO, SUWANNEE, TALLAHATCHIE, PASCAGOULA,
APALACHICOLA, NIAGRA, CAPE FEAR, SABINE, WABASH, SANDUSKY, CUYAHOGA,
WILLAMETTE, CONEMAUGH, BRAZOS, PECOS, CIMARRON, GILA, YELLOWSTONE,
KLAMATH, KASKASKIA, RIO GRANDE, AMAZON, ORINOCO, (more)

Blackpool series ARF -

Ships in class: ARIESOL, GEMINOL, LEOL, LEBROL, CAPRICOL, TAURUSOL,
CANCEROL, VIRGOL, SCORPIOL, AQUAROL, SAGITTAROL, PISOL

Texas series AK -

Ships in class: CALIFORNIA VICTORY, TEXAS VICTORY, NEW YORK VICTORY,
FLORIDA VICTORY, PENNSYLVANIA VICTORY, CUMBERLAND VICTORY, DEVONSHIRE
VICTORY, DORSETSHIRE VICTORY, GLOUCESTERSHIRE VICTORY, NORFOLKSHIRE
VICTORY, QUEBEC VICTORY, ONTARIO VICTORY, MANITOBA VICTORY, SASKATCHEWAN
VICTORY, ALBERTA VICTORY, (more)

White series AR -

Ships in class: ACHERON, ACHILLES, AJAX, CALYPSO, DANAE, DIDO, DIOMEDE,
GALATEA, HEBE, HYPERION, ICARUS, JASON, JUNO, LEANDER, LEDA, MINERVA,
MYRMIDON, NAIAD, ODIN, ORPHEUS, OSIRIS, PANDORA, PENELOPE, PERSEUS,
THETIS, (more)

FIMA  Base Station - nomenclature: FIMA STATION (name of system)

King George series FRD -

Ships in class: DAEDALUS, PROMETHEUS, VULCAN

Mule series ATF -

Ships in class: MULE, HINNY, APPALOOSA, BURRO, CAMEL, CLYDESDALE,
DONKEY, DROMEDARY, ELEPHANT, LLAMA, MUSTANG, OX, PERCHERON, PALAMINO,
PONY, (more)

Sampson series ATF -

Ships in class: SAMPSON, HERCULES, ATLAS, ANTAEUS, GOLIATH, COLOSSUS,
BEHEMOTH, LEVIATHAN, GOG, MAGOG

Galahad ll series LSP/LSO -

Ships in class: TRIPOLI, GUADALCANAL, BOUGAINVILLE, TARAWA, NORMANDY,
SAIPAN, PELELIU, BATAAN, IWO JIMA, OKINAWA, INCHON, (more)

As always, I invite your comments.

JBrewer@webtv.net

"Always strive to be a good person.  If you can't do that, at least
strive to be someone other than an asshole."

Prev: Re: [GZG] Quotes Next: [GZG] FMA skirmish