Prev: [GZG] SG game setup and GMing advice Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [SG2] Terrain layout

[GZG] Quotes

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:22:10 -0500
Subject: [GZG] Quotes

1. At one point, there is a nameless 'he' in one of Adrian's quotes. But
he uses the words
linear and engineer in describing the thinking so I'm pretty sure I know
exactly who he
has in mind, having been accused of being 'such an engineer', etc.
several times by the
luminary known as Adrian.

PS: Please Wish Adrian A Happy Birthday (this Tuesday past)! He's just
turned 40! And he
doesn't look a year over 37!

(That's what you get for talking about me when I'm not around, smart
guy)

2. A post-con quote from the trip home when Jim, TomM, TomB, Doug,
Adrian and JP 'The
First One' were eating at the Binghampton Cracker Barrel:

Tomb: "They have all sorts of dice now. I've seen D16s, D14s, etc"
Adrian: "I've even seen D3s and D7s."
Tomb: "I didn't think you could do D7s due to some geometry issue."
Adrian: "Sure you can, a D7 is just two D14s."
Everyone At The Table: "...?!..." <confused silence>

(We all knew what he *meant* to say was a D7 was represented on a D14
with two sides for
each value... but that ain't what it sounded like...)

3. Most traumatic GZG convention event this year: No, not the sheep. No,
not even the
comments about me making a kilt from a 'welcome' mat and my concerns
that the 'welcome'
not appear on the rear quadrant. It was JP mooning us (Adrian, Doug and
I) out of the
window of Jim's explorer as we prepared to depart the restuarant in
Binghampton. I'm not
sure what brought that on, but I'm just going to cover that situation
with a quote from
the inimitable Marcus, Space Ranger: "Who knew they were French?".

Prev: [GZG] SG game setup and GMing advice Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [SG2] Terrain layout