Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London? Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:26:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

Roger Burton West wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 02:08:59PM -0600, Doug Evans wrote:
>
> >Ok, this can be REALLY confusing for outsiders...
> >Metro or London 'proper'?
>
> Huh?

Technically, London is the smallest city in England(*), covering
the area inside the medieval city bars and run by the medieval
chartered corporation, electing officials from the old craft
guilds. The surrounding boroughs all expanded out into a vast
conurbation grouped together as Metropolitan London. Ken
Livingstone is mayor of the latter, while I am surprised to find
that I am the Lord Mayor of the former.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London

The Orc's Nest looks to be in the neighbouring City of
Westminster, vaguely between Oxford Street and Trafalgar Square.

--
David Brewer "CMG"

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London? Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?