Prev: Re: Measurement units (was: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 Random Observations) Next: Re: Measurement units (was: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006

Re: Measurement units (was: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 RandomObservations)

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:58:19 +0000
Subject: Re: Measurement units (was: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 RandomObservations)

Adrian wrote:

> >- we still use miles for road distances, but metric for all shop
weights
> >and measures - except for milk and beer, which still comes in pints
(like
> >elephants). Go figure. ;-)
>
> You measure elephants using pints?
>
> Measuring a large animal by (liquid) volume and not weight
suggests....
> well, I'm not sure what it suggests, but that's odd.

Some wordplay may be better left unexplained, but it isn't the
exactly the elephant itself being measured in liquid volume above.

--
David Brewer

"The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific
Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of
facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)