Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix Next: [GZG] [FT] NAC Majestic/A class

Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:22:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix

This depends on your house rules.  Until the Fleet Books came out my
group
used combined types freely, although we eventually decided to house rule
ban
heavy interceptors because they were a little too good at annihilating
everything else.  The fact that the fleet books list the fighter types
as
seperate, apparently atomic types convinced us to just stop combining
the
types altogether.  However, there's nothing saying you can't just keep
using
that as part of your house rules.

Fast AND heavy AND torpedo seems exorbitantly expensive to me, even so.
Nevertheless, I suppose if you can afford it, there's no reason not to.
could certainly visualize a starfaring empire that considers fighter
strength a high enough priority being willing to make sure that their
bombing arm of the carrier forces is as effective as possible, if
they've
got the technology and resources to achieve it on any real scale.
That's
the other part of it.  The PSB for it definitely would have to
acknowledge
that combined super-fighters are definitely a much higher tech item than
regular one with just one area of specialization, so... whatever. :P