Prev: RE: [GZG] Campaign Rules and Victory Conditions Next: RE: [GZG] Cruisers and Destroyers in the FT World

Re: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

From: david garnham <garnhamghast@f...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:29:34 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

Message Received: Jan 17 2006, 09:08 PM
From: damosan@comcast.net
To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu

From: Ian Downing

> The RN ships had no chance of winning...

It depends on how you define "winning." Winning and losing are defined
by the mission (scenario) at hand and the backstory to date. Is winning
always about the total defeat of the enemy? Probably not.

John mentioned mission motivation which, I think, is a better way of
dealing with morale in a ship to ship game. We're not talking about
modeling the morale of Ship's Cook 4th Class Jones but the command
staff.

If the weaker force has a High mission motivation then I can see them
willing to take the hits. If, on the other hand, they have a low
motivation then they make take a few paint scratching hits and decide to
bail.

How popular would Admirals/Captains be today if they burned ships like
we FT players do?

--
Damo
I would say : scenario cards as per Jons suggestions with victory points

War! What is it good for? Er.....gaming

Prev: RE: [GZG] Campaign Rules and Victory Conditions Next: RE: [GZG] Cruisers and Destroyers in the FT World