Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re:[GZG] John's Shipbuilding

RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:25:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems

Binhan,

We are discussing the same thing and I think we all
agree.
  Scenarios and forces based on a larger economic or
strategic system that is not in play on the table are
important and need to be considered.  Use of VPs and
well crafted scenarios are a way to bring that portion
to the game.

Use of VPs to make the game "cheesy" or just randomly
assigned VPs do not promote tactical thinking for
either side and make for a poor game.  Someone who
continues to bend the VP system so that he can "win at
any cost" by cheating the system and not through
better tactical thought may have won the game on the
table but has certainly lost a much bigger battle with
his former opponent.

The only portion of your VP posts that I disagree with
is the assignment of VPs that do not reflect some sort
of strategic situation and can result in a win for one
side while following a non-effective tactical
strategy.

Bob Makowsky

gzg-l-bounces+lin=rxkinetix.com@lists.csua.berkeley.edu