Prev: RE: [GZG] [OT] Army Life Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

[GZG] [DS,Sgish semiOT] New landing craft

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:27:16 +1100
Subject: [GZG] [DS,Sgish semiOT] New landing craft

G'day guys,

New Scientists had a short piece on the new US landing craft the
Stiletto "will not only stay steady at its top speed of 50 knots, but
also produces virtually no wake". Anyone know of any easy to access pics
(sorry I can't google right now as my machine is chuffing on a
simulation run and can cope with email but not internet)? The M-shape
hull sounds really interesting. "Stiletto's hull has a double-M shape
that channels the wake under the craft. There it mixes with oncoming air
to produce froth that lifts the ship part-way out of the water, reducing
drag and increasing stability"

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [GZG] [OT] Army Life Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Army Life