Prev: [GZG] Mission generator webpage??? Next: [GZG] [DS,Sgish semiOT] New landing craft

RE: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:24:38 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

G'day,

> Oh, rather like a State Fair, then?

Kinda. From the state fair I've seen the US ones are still more like how
ours started, fairly agricultural in focus. They've morphed over here to
be more a carnival and food fest (heavy on expensive side show rides
that are designed to make sure you bring up what ever greasy food you
were silly enough to consume prior to getting on board) with the
agriculture almost in the background (depending on which one you go to,
some still have more agriculture than others).

Glad so many people enjoyed it and thanks for the Ultimate Force info.

By the way Greg, I did grow up on a farm, milked cows before going to
school etc. Moreover, there were also only two ways out of my "home
town" (read nearest town). Join the armed forces or get a scholarship. I
got my scholarship notice the day before the recruiters came through, at
which point I practiced for hours in front of a mirror to tone down my
language and speak faster so I wouldn't stand out like an ultimately
sore thumb at Uni. Derek didn't believe me (as I still swear too much by
his standards and have a broader than city average accent) until the
first time I took him home and without thinking I switched gears. I
think he got gravel rash on his chin ;)

So rest assured I am trying to be cultured and moderate my language, if
I typed as I thought it would be near incomprehensible to some - I think
I did that to Laserlight once in retaliation to some jibe of his ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: [GZG] Mission generator webpage??? Next: [GZG] [DS,Sgish semiOT] New landing craft