Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:51:15 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Usually it has been dependant on starting speeds and vectors.  If high
speed
and head on, there is no room for tactics; if lower speed and convergant
courses, you can attempt to out-manouevre the other side.

> 2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant),
> where 1 thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30
> degrees).
>
> c) I've actually played this (with EarthForce fleet(s) - please
> specify) and like it.

It gave a better feel of leviathan movement endemic to the universe; B5
capital ships can't turn very well in the context of the "combat turns"
used
in the tv show.

> 3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points
> (60 degrees).
>
> a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.

For thrust-4 ships and higher, this has minimal effect on movement and
appropriately penalises low-thrust ships without completely crippling
them.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game