Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

From: Gregory Wong <sax@S...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 16:11:44 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

Pardon my bluntness as I don't mean to tick off anyone.  Jon, you have
a wonderful game as written.
I love FT.  I'd gladly play it "according to Hoyle" using either
cinematic or vector movement with
anyone. I have no problems with plotted movement.

But I also know my nephews pretty well, and plotted movement is a
non-starter. They have so many
other toys and games to play with, that they simply won't play a second
game if they have to
use plotted movement.  I know this makes FT a different game.  I accept
that.  My nephews won't
be playing FT with anyone else except me, so they won't know the
difference.  I thought about
the idea of one side plotting movement while the other side moves
unplotted, but it won't work
for the reasons you give.  My nephews will want to play on opposite
sides and I would like to
include SMs eventually.

So, I would like to politely and humbly ask that we just forget about
plotted movement for
the sake of this thread.

I like Laserlight's idea of dummy SMs.	I'll mull that over to see if
that'll work.

Please keep those ideas coming.  Thanks.

--Greg