Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [Stargrunt]

RE: [GZG] [Stargrunt]

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:51:06 +0000
Subject: RE: [GZG] [Stargrunt]

>Hi all I'm Matteo from Italy.

Hi Matteo

>I was gifted last Christmas Stargrunt 2 manual and I think that this is
THE
>miniature wargame.

I agree, it is an excellent system.

>I'd like to know what's the army size recommended for the first battle
and
>if there are some Italian players out there.

Not an Italian player I'm afraid.

Under the scenarios section at the back of the rules there is a
reccomended
first SG game set out. That might be a good start. I think the first
games I
played were 1 platoon per side, this is a nice size to start out.

In my experience, 2 platoons per side for 2 players is a substantial
game,
especially when adding any complications (artillery, aerospace, VTOLs
vehicles etc).

I was suprised to find that very small games of SG can often be just as
satisfying and are of course quicker. My borther and I have been working
on
a scenario generator "inspired" by something in Wargames Illustrated. I
could e-mail you what I have so far (its complete, but not fully
balanced)
if you want (contact me off-list)

Enjoy

Richard

Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [Stargrunt]