Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: The Man in Black <mib.zero@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 00:33:04 -1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
thrust point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.

d) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
Kravak,
NAC and Imperial Star Wars
and dislike it.

This makes the Kravak much too powerful for their points. They're almost
twice as effective as they'd be with cinematic movement. They've
consistently beaten NAC and my homebrewed SW converted fleets with 150%
their value despite player rotation.

2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant),
where 1 thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30
degrees).

c) I've actually played this (with earthforce, mimbari, centauri and
shadows) and like it.

This works out pretty well in the few moderate battles we've had.

3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points (60 degrees).

a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.

More manuverability is good, because I like to play huge slow ships like
my
Imperial Star Destroyer. Remember, the support vessels of the Imperial
Fleet
have a very important role. Their job is to make the Star Destroyer look
good. Window Dressing can be valuable when trying to impress girls.

The Man in Black is : Kenneth Scroggins
Novus Ordo Seclorum : Annuit Coeptus : E Pluribus Unum
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/maninblack/dg.html

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....