Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Brian Burger <blurdesign@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 01:43:48 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

On 1/4/06, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> I'd like to canvass some opinions on the subject of ROTATION IN
> VECTOR MOVEMENT for FT;
(mass snip))
> 1) The system as it currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
> thrust point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.
>
> a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.
> b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.
> c) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify) and
like it.
> d) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
> and dislike it.
> e) I have no opinion on this option either way.

C - we've run many of the designs in the Fleet Books and various
homebrew designs (some frankly cheesy, most not) and the current
system just seems to work.

> 2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant),
> where 1 thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30
> degrees).
> 3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points (60
degrees).

B - for both of these. Low-thrust ships are already handicapped
enough, why penalize them further? Either of these systems will make
anything under T4 basically unplayable.

I even dislike the FB2 change of having all thrust from one pool,
really. FT/FB1 had the best Vector system, with full thrust from your
main drives & 50% of that for maneuvering.

FB1-->FB2 made ships less maneuverable, please don't continue this
trend in future evolutions of FT!

Brian

Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....