Prev: Re: [GZG] Installing Shiptool on a Mac. Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

[GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:38:11 +0000
Subject: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Hi to all out in list-land......

I'd like to canvass some opinions on the subject of ROTATION IN
VECTOR MOVEMENT for FT; this has been discussed a bit recently with a
number of options put forward, so I want to get some more feedback
from as wide a base of players as possible - those of you who are on
any of the other FT/GZG forums and lists please feel free to
cross-post this question to those sites, as the more responses I get
the better. If you want your opinions open for discussion by the rest
of the list members, feel free to post replies to the gzg-l list, or
if you prefer (or are answering from another list or forum, which I
don't read) send them direct to me at <jon@gzg.com>.

There are three possible option that I'd like you opinions on:
(I know there are other possible options, such as separating maneuver
drives from main thrust etc, but for the moment I just want to
concentrate on the three below).

1) The system as it currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
thrust point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.

a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.
b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.
c) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify) and
like it.
d) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
and dislike it.
e) I have no opinion on this option either way.

Feel free to add comments as to WHY you like/dislike.....

2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant),
where 1 thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30
degrees).

a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.
b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.
c) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify) and
like it.
d) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
and dislike it.
e) I have no opinion on this option either way.

Feel free to add comments as to WHY you like/dislike.....

3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points (60 degrees).

a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.
b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.
c) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify) and
like it.
d) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
and dislike it.
e) I have no opinion on this option either way.

Feel free to add comments as to WHY you like/dislike.....

Thanks in advance!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Installing Shiptool on a Mac. Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....