Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 32

Re: [GZG] conversion questions

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:35:44 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] conversion questions

I don't understand what you said in your previous post.

The weapon systems I have seen and my group has used that replicate a
pulsar stuck in one mode are all mass*4 and include the option to fire
as a PDF. These seem to work OK and are not over the top.

Massed gattling batteries can be nasty but you have to be able to close
to within 12MU. This is hard if the enemy is able to move away from you.

John
    Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:58:20 +0100
    From: Oerjan Ariander
    To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu

    jason standlea wrote:

    >how much points would the various Pulsar's be (c/m/! l) if you were
making a
    >weapon with the profile of just one of the modes, that cannot
switch to
    >other modes ever?
    >
    >How much more would it be in your guys opinion if said weapon(s)
kept the
    >PDS shot ability?

    Um. I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "mode" here.

    The Pulser PDS ability is an integral part of the "profile" of
*each* of
    the different configurations (C, M and L), so if all you do is
forbid the
    weapon from being reconfigured it will retain the PDS ability and
its
    points cost won't change at all (because the points cost only
measures the
    weapon's value *during* tactical battles, and Pulsers can only be
    reconfigured *between* battles).

    If you remove the PDS ability, the Pulser cost drops to 4x Mass
(regardless
    of whether or not it can be reconfigured between battles).

    I hope this helps...

    Regards,

    Oerjan
    oerjan.ariander@telia.com

    "Life is like a sewer.
    What! you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
    -Hen3ry

    ------------------------------

    Message: 5
    Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:40:51 +1300
    From: John Tailby
    Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] conversion questions

    > From: Oerjan Ariander
    > Date: 2005/12/29 Thu PM 12:58:20 GMT+13:00
    > To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
    > Subject: Re: [GZG] conversion questions
    >
    > jason standlea wrote:
    >
    > >how much points would the various Pulsar's be (c/m/l) if you were
making a
    > >weapon with the profile of just one of the modes, that cannot
switch to
    > >other modes ever?

    I've found weapon systems that duplicate the effects you have
described.

    The Gat! ling blaster is 12" range and6 beam dice or 1 PDS shot. Its
mass times 4

    The Twin Particle Array duplicates the pulsar in M mode and again
its mass times 4.

    They get quite expensive but I have seen mass 50 cruisers mounting 5
multi arc arrays ans can dish out a fair number of dice at 24 inches.

    End of Gzg-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 31

------
  Yahoo! Photos
  Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
holidays, whatever.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 32