Prev: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

Re: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 06:07:52 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

David B said:
> Seriously?  I would have thought the extra movement points
> would be where you get that extra bit of turn out of a
> final port/starboard push.  FB2 ships obviously don't need
> this as much, but for FB1 ships manouvering at higher than
> 2 x Thrust, surely being able to trim a couple of MU off
> the triangle gets you back in the action sooner.

If that extra maneuverability was free, sure, take it--but
it isn't, and the extra MU doesn't matter often enough to
make it a good buy.  If you have, say, a Mass120 battleship
and are debating whether to get 3xBeam3 or to upgrade your
drives to Thrust6, you'll get more benefit from the B3s.
The main thing is to be able to rotate / thrust / rotate,
for which Main Drive 4 is sufficient.

> temptation was to wind the velocity up to get in beam
> range (we were using 1cm=1MU), only to discover that you
> got one or two shots before spending the rest of the game
> coming about and pursuing!

That doesn't make it tough to keep them in your F arc,
though--unless you're both at fairly low speed when you pass
through each other's lines. Even then, you can usually
guarantee you have a target, although it may not be the
target you'd prefer.

Prev: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak