Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Announce: Full Thrust at Cancon January 2006 Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Carlos Lourenco <loscon@g...>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:41:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

terms "motorized" and "tank" are kind of mutually exclusive.
One means  a tank and nothing else, the other means a unit conveyed on a
wheeled vehicle. There's no motorized tank platoon, it's either a tank
platoon or a motorized platoon.  A tank platoon could have traded in
it's
M1s for M114s and still eb called a tank platoon just like an engineer
platoon could be driving supplies around town and still be called an eng
platoon not a transport platoon.  And while we're at it "mechanized
confers
tracked status. Probably some mis-reading, or partial reading or partial
retelling of some larger issue is at work here.

Now the Ops sgt could be monkeying around w/ powerpoint briefings and it
could pass through an occisaion HQ not no one notices of cares. During
wartime much decentralization fo OB and equipment and personnel  occur
form
Divs on down, as forces monkey around with their particular situation to
make the best out of it, doens't mean it's some kind of official DOD
sanctioned. One week after 911 we were completely rewriting large tracts
of
doctrine to fit our needs in theater,  doesn't mean it stuck back in teh
USA
but it's how we operated ourselves.

WIth regard to MREs they're not bad, has good as anything most other
armies
use (having tried most menus myself in my day) they're constantly
changing
the menus, though eating ANYTHING (even KC BBQ) out of a bag day in and
day
out  will convince you it sucks, plus the grass always being greener and
whatnot. Don't forget to run all GI comments through a bitch filter
before
trying to analyze a statements for sea changes.

Los