Prev: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons Next: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons

Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons

From: Brian B <brianbinor@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:17:04 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons

On 11/30/05, Adrian <adrian@stargrunt.ca> wrote:

> The Phalanx is similar in size to the Kamodo, and taller when fully
> constructed.	I would suggest too big for what you want.

Good to know, thanks.

> The M38D is much more suited to your requirements in size.

So I've been led to believe.

> On the GZG store
*snip*
> they have a picture of it, but better yet, they have a picture of it
next
> to an interface lander here:

Right, saw those, but I've never seen the interface lander live, so it
still gave me no point of reference.

For the interface lander I plan on using, I plan (once the bidget
allows) to take a WH40K Tau Devilfish and kit-bash it into a sort of
oversized Vectored thrust inteface VTOL, more in the role of a modern
transport aircraft or Helo than a spaceborne version of a landing
craft, but large enough to carry one or two vehicles.
http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.cgi?product=SF25&exact_match=on&ca
rt_id=187507.21468

> I would say in SG game terms that the M38D would be a size 2 or 3
vehicle
> (3 at most, stretching), with enough interior space for 2 crew and 4-6
> dismounts, but YMMV.

Sounds plausible.  In D20 terms, I'd rank it as Huge.  I'm actually
going with 3 crew (since I'll be moving the turret back, it'll have a
separate gunner, not be Commander served) and 6 dismounts.

Prev: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons Next: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons