Prev: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards. Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT

RE: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards.

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:37:21 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards.

You roll each threshold independant of the previous results.  This way
you
take into account repairs.

Eg: Ship with 3 beams, 1 firecon, FTL, MD, Core systems.
Card 1 [Threshold 1 - Destroyer]: Lose Beam 1, FTL, MD
Card 2 [Threshold 2 - Destroyer]: Lose Beam 2, Firecon, FTL
Card 3 [Threshold 2 - Destroyer]: Lose Beam 1 & 3, Firecon, MD,
PowerCore.

The player simply crosses the system off their SSD when the damage card
is
handed to them.  You can then add it back to the deck.

If it's a very large game, by using as few ship types as possible you
can
create 4-5 damage cards for each threshold and simply shuffle the cards
for
each ship.  As a threshold comes up, deal the highest card for that
threshold and hand it to the player.

In the "really big" webgames I've been in, there have been 30-60 ships
per
side, but only about 5-8 different designs on each side.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards. Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT