Prev: RE: [GZG] laser classes Next: Re: [GZG] circular iris valves

RE: [GZG] The pain of dice stats

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@y...>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [GZG] The pain of dice stats

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > So call it 1 in 1.6 million in round figures.
>
> Blast if it was 1 in a million then under Pratchett logic it
> would come off for sure every time and even the likes of me
> could do it ;)

<grin>

> Now off to tell our local Teske equivalent that he is a
> freak - he has pulled off the 19 damage from a single B1 -
> he's record is 27 damage off a single B1... But like I said
> he's a freak... And he has me to even out the cosmic
> probability harmony so Tassie doesn't disappear in a rent
> in probability space ;)
>
> Beth

Kinda like how Indy and I balanced out for so long, though I'm
not sure what's happening in the Maryland/New Jersey area now
that I'm off in Shanghai. ^_-  Of course, I think the Teske
Field started wandering off a while back, when I didn't exercise
it quite so much... so there's likely not too much of a problem.
 Heck, Indy's even hit with P-torps every now and then, from
what I hear!  He even rolled higher than a '1' for damage! ^_-

Aaron

PS -- one of the shortest FT games I played was an introductory
scenario to try and get a friend into the game -- one CL each,
and we decided to use simultaneous fire.  Both of us ended up
getting enough rerolls on our first salvo to destroy the other
person's ship.	*That* was kinda freaky....

Prev: RE: [GZG] laser classes Next: Re: [GZG] circular iris valves