Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Turrets and bodies separate Next: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

Re: [GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:13:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)

I like your ships, Mr Wang!

I'm intrigued by the design philosphy; can you
elaborate?

I'm thinking I may try the 'std arc' shipz tonight, if
FT is what we decide to play. AAR if relevant.

-j
--- Ken Wang <azuredolfin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wow!
> I didn't know you (Roger) were working on the
> Japanese Faction. I also created SSDs for the
> Japanese and placed them on the Full Thrust
> Yahoogroup site. I had talked to Vince about the
> Japanese. BTW, nice write up, I thought they would
> be more "corporate" as well. I think my vision had
> them really far over to a corporate government
> almost guild house-esque. My designs were Pulse Torp
> centric and use of Mecha-fighters. I have mulled
> over the rules for Mecha and would love to discuss
> them. Regarding the IJN or IJSF, Kaigun translates
> to Navy, but literally, it translate to "ocean
> force" or "ocean military group". Since, I'm not
> Japanese nor am I fluent, my attempt was "Teikoku
> Uchuugun" or Imperial Space Force with "Japan" being
> implied. Anyone have the DVDs for Star Blazers?
> Maybe some hints there. Like I said, I'm not fluent,
> so I don't know if "Uchuugun" even makes sense. I
> find this fascinating, in that, there does not
> appear to be as much motivation for working on other
> f!
>  actions
>  (think that the minis may something to do with
> that). I have also worked on second generation OUDF
> ships, something that is a little more refined than
> what the minis are. Just wanted to share my
> thoughts. - Ken

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

Seen Serenity yet?
http://www.serenitymovie.com

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Turrets and bodies separate Next: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision