Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

From: "Mike Hillsgrove" <mikeah@c...>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:34:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

> A typical person can handle about 5 g (50 m/s²) before this occurs,
but
through the combination of special g-suits and	efforts to strain
muscles

A typically physically fit  person can do 5G for a few seconds if he
knows
what he is doing.  A well trained Fighter Pilot who is fit, and wearing
a G
suit doing a strain manuever, can do 9G for a few seconds.  That comes
under
the heading of "being lucky".	Constantly pulling G's is a very
tireing,
exausting thing.

The average civilian can pass out at 2 G's

Lateral G's - or transverse G's are much easier to take. That is why the
current crop of fighter planes have the pilot nearly reclining.

Negative G's are also very bad for motion sickness.  Trust me - this I
know.
If strapped to a chair, your lunch isn't.

My aircraft was the mighty BUFF.  While the B-52 didn't pull alot of
G's, it
vibrated, was very loud, smelled like a heated urinal, and was
uncomfortable
as hell.  Really bad for airsickness.	Being a Nav, I didn't even get a
window seat.