Prev: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

[GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:27:05 +0100
Subject: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

>>  I also think the new ESU ships have a look ressembling both NI and
JPN
>>  combination. Am I the only that thinks that?
>>
>>  Vince
>>

>     Nope, not the only one.  I rather liked the NI and JPN ships
>when they came
>   out, but I don't care for the ESU ships having the same sort of
>"multi level"
>   structure as the JPN ships.  Too radical a change from the old
designs for
>   my taste.

I'm quite surprised that several people are making this comment, as
the style of the new ESU ships was (to me at least, while I was
designing them) a direct progression from the style of the original
ESU 209/210/211 series, all of which had the wedge-shaped front
section set slightly below the main hull boom..... The only one of
the new ESU that has a MAJOR level change at the front (to the same
sort of degree as the Japanese) is the CVH, and in this case it is
deliberately done to get the nose section well out of the flight line
of the launch bays. The original ESU fleet was quite a mix of widely
differing styles (eg: the 207!), so I decided to go along with the
general theme of those that we had defined as the "newest" in the FB1
blurb.

Jon (GZG)