Prev: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG]Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:25:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition

> Speaking of AFV/miltech recognition....
> [...mis-identification friend-or-foe rant...]

Very few games really capture this inability to correctly identify the
> target. I'm sure a
> conniving DS2 GM could come up with some nasty way to harness this
> confusion... putting
> down the wrong minis... putting down the wrong number of minis, etc.

One of the things I like about the game Flames of War is that it
actually
makes an attempt (albeit small) to address this issue wrt air strikes.
If
you get an air strike to appear, there is a 1 in 6 chance that it will
misidentify the side it is supposed to be shooting at (then you have I
think
a 50% chance of waving it off).

I haven't seen very many other games even make mention of
misidentification
potentials.

Mk