Prev: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:44:51 +0200
Subject: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

Ground Zero Games wrote:
> In general, do you prefer your starships to be smooth and sleek
> (example: Trek Federation ships) or blocky and complex (example: B5
> Earth Alliance)?

Tricky question this. I know I don't like trekkie ships, but most of
the time I don't know what I like until I see it:-)
I also don't like wings, but somehow I bought into the UNSC, Japanese
and NI ships.
Another example: I really like the Cold Navy Mauridians, sort of like
the Terrans and don't like the Kharadorn.

What I do know is what I would like in the NeuNSL:
Keep some of the blocky appearance with subtle hull plating details.
Keep it 2 or 3 blocks connected length wise.
No wings sticking out. These are heavily armoured ships, so only some
weapons and other important things should be external.
Maybe some smaller blocks connected to the side of the bigger blocks.

Umm... sounds sort of B5-ish:-)

Frits

--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits@cistron.nl