Prev: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:40:45 +0200
Subject: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> In general, do you prefer your starships to be smooth and sleek
> (example: Trek Federation ships) or blocky and complex (example: B5
> Earth Alliance)?

Blocky and complex - I'd think that practical issues in design would be
adressed first so for quite some time I'd imagine ships to be blocky.
Later on when refines to design have been made ships would perhaps be
sleeker.

I truly like the new look on the ESU - they look heavy and brutal and to

an extent quite clumsy. Made for efficiency rather than looks - a bit
like the tanks of WW2 - crudely welded together, bad paintjobs and all.
But it didn't matter because there was enough of them and they did the
job.

In my book trek ships (and series) are way to "clean" for my perception
of human beings while Aliens etc looks quite a bit more like I would
expect..

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan