Prev: RE: [GZG] Converting WW2 to Sc-fi (was re: Brian's questions) Next: Re: [GZG] Converting WW2 to Sc-fi (was re: Brian's questions)

RE: [GZG] (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack.......

From: "McClure, Kent" <kent.mcclure@l...>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:52:35 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack.......

John L said:  Most 25mm stuff is around 1/60th scale.  Of course the
closer you get to
Games Workshop stuff, the closer it start to be to 1/48th.  Sadly,
1/60th
scale models are kind of rare.

I was curious about exactly what scale 25mm was and according to the
cross reference guide at "The Miniatures Page" it should be 1/64th.  If
that is true then we (gamers) should be in luck because a number of the
diecast cars out on the market roughs out to 1/64th (Johnny Lightning,
Matchbox, Hot Wheels, etc).  But I guess the real question is how does
the figure look compared to the car - does it look like it could climb
inside it and drive/fly/sail it away.

Maybe gamers should get Key fobs designed with a figure attached to the
end so anytime we are in a store we can just whip out our keys and do a
quick spot check.

Kent M. McClure
	"Yeah, tactics.  The most basic tactic of all, Mr. Yamamoto.
Every kindergartner knows it.  You always win by running away."
	   Lt. Cmdr Justy Ueki Tylor,  Captain of the UPSF Soyokaze
	      from Irresponsible Captain Tylor,
	      episode 13 - Strategy.....Tactics...or the Lack Thereof