Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

Re: [GZG] (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack.......

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:28:32 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack.......

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:14:46 +0100, Brian B <brianbinor@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1.  Though I still don't play SG, I've recently gotten into using 25
> mm minis for the D20 Future RPG, and my first purchase was of the GZG
> door gunner.	While I've heard for some time that 25mm is ostensibly
> 1/72 scale, I've noticed that when compared to non-gaming models, this
> figure is closer in size to the 1/48 scale stuff.

1/72 is about 20mm, hence the many WW2 (etc.) wargamers who mix 20mm
minatures with 1/72 scale plastic kits.

Based purely on the height 25mm would be about 1/64 but as wargames
minis
tend to be 'chunky' the often look better with slightly larger scale
vehicles.

> 2.  Has anyone seen the Mongoose Publishing minis for Starship
> Troopers?  How do they compare to the GZG minis in size?

They're 28mm and hence larger than the GZG minis. But bugs are bugs...

	Steve

--
Steve Pugh     <steve@pugh.net>

http://steve.pugh.net/
http://www.stevepugh.net/VTT/

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!