Prev: Re: [GZG] The internal workings of Fleets Next: [GZG] Re: The internal workings of Fleets

Re: [GZG] The internal workings of Fleets

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:48:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] The internal workings of Fleets

Others with 'real knowledge' will have to cover this for me, but my
impression was that current navies tend to deploy single ships of
whatever
size is necessary for patrols and the like, and that squadrons and/or
flotillas tend to be mostly administrative functions, save for
occasional
excersises.

Where you have large groups, they tend to be set up that way, so that a
carrier will have assigned, and integrated, a range of assests, and the
interworkings of ships is managed with electronic communications.

Do we have anyone currently naval to tell me how much is of the above is
accurate, and how much whole-cloth flack?

The_Beast