Prev: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings

RE: Fire Control lock-on musings

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:48:58 -0400
Subject: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings

JerryC:
 >And the firing ship just has to allocate 1 more FCS then the target
gets
 >DRM to have 95% or more change to lock-on.

Oerjan:
>Which is one of the reasons why this is a game balance problem: it
screws
those ships which can't *afford* "just 1 more FCS"

And anyway, why should more FCS improve your odds of locking onto the
same
target?

"Jones, I noticed your lockon score for the last exercise was 83%.
Fleet
training norms specify 95%.  Care to explain what happened?"
"Well, Captain, we need the version 6.2 upgrade for our InstaZap
software,
and we haven't got it."
"I think I authorized a purchase req for that six months ago.  Hasn't it
come in yet?"
"Yessir, but FireCon Two got it and they won't make a copy for us."
"Are you sure?	FireCon Two only scored 85% on the FireEx."
"Well, Skipper, I think that's because all the FireCon crews were all
supposed to replace their retroencabulators for the new one with the
reciprocating dingle arm.  And I don't think FireCon Two did that."
"Jones, do you have any idea why they wouldn't have replaced it?
"Well, Captain, I couldn't say."
"Hm.....I notice you didn't say you don't know. Do you suppose FireCon
Two
never got their parts?"
"Uh....could be, Captain."
"And how many of the new hardware pieces do you have, Jones?"
"Er....I think we might just possibly have, um, one extra,
Captain...that
we were keeping as a spare, like."

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings