Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: RE: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

Savasku ships

From: "Adrian" <al.ll@t...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:29:19 +0100
Subject: Savasku ships

The first paragraph is the question, everything else is just hot air.

Sorry for going of topic (and if anyones offended I'm sure ignoring me
will
work) but since Savasku ship are grown and not built shouldn't (or
rather
couldn't) they repair themselves by "feeding on other space debris
(enemy
ships are included) by means of a connecting device that allows them to
pump
stomach acids into the target, dissolve it and then take what they
needed.

Before somebody suggests that this is NOT a new idea, I  know since I
borrowed it (the only thing I borrowed) from another game since I've
always
like the idea of a race that could only survive by advancing since they
only
left dead worlds behind them.  Instead of your supplies keeping up with
you,
you have to keep up with your supplies (they just don't know it yet).

Wether you class it as a hive fleet (WH40K), night brood (silent death),

bugs (starship troopers), the aliens in independence day or any of a
large
choice of others, the idea of a mobile society (or should that be a
plague
of locusts) makes for an entirely new challenge in a campaign game since
if
you lose a battle you CANNOT sit back on the defensive and recover you
strength, you have to attack (preferably someone weak enough to to be
easily
crushed).

I accept that at a certain point, a successful player will have an
enormous
fleet that will be nigh on invincible (but then everybody else deserves
what
they get if they don't become allies and crush it quickly since it isn't

exactly a secret as to its goals or tactics).