Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:36:58 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

On 6/27/05, John Leary <john_t_leary@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Roger,
>     My suggested modifiers deal only with size
> (Paragraph 2, small ships are smaller and thus
> harder to hit.  This does bring up the personal
> viewpoint of the sender about how a 'beam' functions,
> I.E. is a beam a broad 'flashlight' or a spot 'lazer
> pointer'.), thrust rating was not considered.
> The comments in paragraph one refer to the
> 'unused thrust' as a shooting/lock on modifier
> during combat.

Compared to the distances involved, its a laser pointer.

I'm sure OA can demonstrate the math, but microspcopic adjustments in
angle end up, tens of thousands of kilometers later, as being tens of
meters off.  Or more.  And a miss is as good as a mile.

John Atkinson
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on