Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:18:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Roger,
     My suggested modifiers deal only with size
(Paragraph 2, small ships are smaller and thus
harder to hit.	This does bring up the personal
viewpoint of the sender about how a 'beam' functions,
I.E. is a beam a broad 'flashlight' or a spot 'lazer
pointer'.), thrust rating was not considered.
The comments in paragraph one refer to the
'unused thrust' as a shooting/lock on modifier
during combat.

Bye for now,
John L.

--- Roger Books <roger.books@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see the relationship between size and
> thrust. Why does
> your thrust 4 tiny ship get a better mod than my
> thrust 6 FSE BDN?
>
> Roger Books
>
> On 6/22/05, John Leary <john_t_leary@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> >
> > The logic of having a ship that is not making
> > any course change, but has a high (unused) thrust,
> > being more difficult to hit than a target that
> > is larger, but changing course, is somewhat
> > difficult to accept.
> >
> > Suggestion:
> > Small ships, -1 to the die roll
> > Mediun ships, no modifier
> > Large ships, +1 to the die roll (but only a
> > natural 6 counts for special effects.)
> >
> > Bye for now,
> > John L.

> > Yahoo! Mail
> > Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the
> tour:
> > http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions