Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:06:21 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

> Okay, taking that into account ... I'd have
>
> Group 1 (Hammer): SDN, BB, BC
> Group 2 (Suicide scouts): 6 x DD, 4 x FF, 6 x CT, 3 x SC
> Group 3 (Cruisers): 2 x CH, 2x CE, 4x CL
> Attach the CV where ever you like.
>
> To some extent, it also depends on how fast the ships are.  No point
in
> putting Thrust 6 CLs in with Thrust 2 CH, for instance.

Well I am interested in all sorts of squadron types. As we start out we
will probably stick with the FT ship designs. Any new ships we(I) might
come up with will probably be as close to the original idea as I can
get..

I kinda like the idea of a defence bonus for unused thrust as mass as
such wouldn't be a problem as computer controlled firesystems wouldn't
care much for that, but recalulating target positions would pose a
bigger challenge (not much probably, but perhaps enough to warrant the
modifiers). But before changing any rules in order to proper use my
light ships I will try a few games first. We intend to start with
corvettes, frigates and light cruisers anyway before bringing in the
heavy equipment!

Thanks everyone for your input.. don't stop discussing though, it's
always nice to see what your intelligent minds come up with on this list
:)

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site : http://www.krigsspil.dk - Danish Miniature Wargaming Society
MSN : claus_paludan [at] hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions