Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:35:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:26:33AM -0700, Gregory Wong wrote:

>Regarding extra die rolls, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't
>see that as a problem.  When you attack, throw in an extra D6 of a
>different color as your lock-on die.  If it fails to lock-on, ignore
>the rest of the bucket of dice you just rolled.

I can see this more or less working, but I suspect it would still slow
things down a bit much. Might well be worth looking into.

>Your excess movement idea sounds good.  Could you flesh that out a
>bit more?

Just that - each available point of thrust you don't use in movement is
"evasive thrust" which gives you some sort of defensive effect (negative
modifiers to attack dice, most likely, maybe one per two or three
points).

Noam has a somewhat different version of this.

Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions