Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:16:11 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:07:06AM -0700, Gregory Wong wrote:
>I wonder if the game could use a house rule involving ship size
>as a modifier to hit.	Categorize the ships by mass.  Let's say
>three sizes, small, medium, and large.  When you fire, roll 1D6
>for each fire control.  For large ships, you automatically lock
>on and fire as usual.	For medium, you must roll 3-6 and for
>medium, you roll 5-6 for a lock-on.  If you lock on, then you roll
>your attack as usual.

The usual objection to this sort of scheme is that you need to make lots
of lock-on rolls, which slows the game down.

A physics objection is that, over the sort of distance you're usually
talking about in space warfare, needing a tiny fraction of a degree more
precision won't make all that much difference anyway.

Personally I'd like to give defensive bonuses to ships with lots of
thrust left unused at the end of the movement phase...

Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions