Prev: Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there..... Next: RE: [FT] Fun for the end of summer... Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybodythere.....

[FT] Fun for the end of summer... Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there.....

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:21:21 -0500
Subject: [FT] Fun for the end of summer... Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there.....

Thanks, guys. I guess I'll HAVE to get going on these local guys so I
can
avoid making the total fool when trying to FT in Denver. Unfortunately,
the
folks I've seen 'round the game store lately aren't real open to
'space',
and those that expressed renewed interest in the past seem to be making
themselves scarce. Still, the thought of actually seeing me step up to
the
table should be sufficient to get me some play time in.

And, of course, I've committed myself to some
fleets-silently-burning-in-the-aether at Origins.

Any other list members considering Denver-in-September? Not an ECC/WCC,
but
I know Denver's a reasonable distance compared to some locales...

***
Ummm.  It depends on your lady.  There's a good amount of stuff to do
here in Denver.  The first question is:  Is she an indoor or an outdoor
kind of person?
***
I'm sure we could come up with lots of suggestions, depending on you and
your Lady's interests.
Denver ain't NYC, but there's a fair amount to do.  Feel free to email
me
off list and let me  know what you're looking for.
***

Karen's been in Lincoln, NE, for about 15 years now; Denver'll be the
BIG
city; it's the country-western we'll have to dodge. ;->=

As for indoor/outdoor question, when I have tried to entice her into
camping, we seem to have conflict of definitions. Mine involve tents,
canoes, eating around campfires, her's cabins with indoor plumbing and
catered dining. .;->= I thought the Art Museum(Institute?), maybe Molly
Brown, things like that. A proper opera, as long as I didn't have to
attend
might be a plus. She finds my snoring distracting, though how you hear
over
that caterwalling...

As for DGA stuff, I know I've seen GZG stuff in the past, though not in
the
numbers you might wish. I thought the historical gamers were there in
fair
numbers, though. Still, it's been quite a few years since I was there.

I'll get back to you offlist with more particulars later.

***
BTW - sorry all for the long mess of pseudo-text at the end of my last
post.  Sending email from work sometimes goes wonky.
***

Been greviously guilty of that, i.e. been there, done that.

The_Beast