Prev: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: Chip Dunning <chip.dunning@f...>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 23:08:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Yes, but when designing up a rules base addition why limit something to
what invariably is used now. Invariably ships DON'T travel faster that
the speed of light - but most FT ships are equipped with FTL drives.
Cannot we spread our imagination.

The base FT rules are flexible in that a Beam Weapon can be used to
represent any type of weapon that loses strength with range and is
reduced by shields. A single battery could represent dozens of arrays -
or simply a single weapon port.

Given how fungible the base rules are designed each turn is not a given-

hard-set-in-stone amount of time, instead things are fungible. Can
anyone seriously say that no gunner *EVER* fired their main gun at an
enemy unit (say a tank) - then within the time frame alloted to the FT
system turn - fired their COAX MG at some nearby supporting infantry?

This is different from the re-design of FT to different universes - like

the HH or SW variants.

Why should the design be so rigid?

Chip
-----
Just because everyone else thinks the same thing doesn't make it right -

just makes it group-think.