RE: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn
From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:55:21 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn
1. About 15% reduction. Not math based, but from experience.
2. This issue is thornier. There is not just the failure of the weapon
a threshold, its also how fast it can be *repaired* again. There would
0 cost saving in points for such a system; in fact, I would probably
*increase* the points cost by 10-20% for turreted weapons.
As an example of this,
One of the main advantages the ESU had vs the FCT was the speed with
systems could be repaired after a failed threshold (ignore the spinning
tactic). Fixing a single class-3 or class-4 had a far greater effect
trying to fixing multiple class-2 & class-1 to generate the same
'Neath Southern Skies
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
> Subject: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn
> 1. How much of a cost reduction, if any, would be right for
> weapons which fire
> every other turn, instead of every turn? I'm thinking of
> Grasers but could
> extend it to other weapons.
> 2. And if you put two weapons in a turret, so you have to fire
> them at the
> same target and lose them both in the same threshold, how
> does that affect
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
5. Please go to http://www.dva.gov.au/feedback.htm#sub to unsubscribe
of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.