Prev: Re: Do you have pics of GZG 6mm Kra'vak stuff? Next: Re: Convention touring

Re: Convention touring

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@c...>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:20:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Convention touring

The GZG Digest wrote on 5/13/2005 1:00 AM:
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:23:29 -0500
> From: Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>

> '95 through the first year in Indianapolis, I went to GenCon. One year
of
> both, and I'd have to say Origins is more a gamer's con, though GenCon
has
> definite appeal to a dilettante such as moi. Sounds like the strong
guest
> list prolly appeals to your wife.

I attended GenCon from 95 to 2000. Haven't been since.

We thought of going to GenCon this year, but once again they have it on
the first week of school. Since Logan starts first grade that week, we
can't go to the convention. Apparently, if the dates hold up, next year
might be feasible.

We were planning to go to Origins this year, but our second beta test
client's installation is scheduled for that weekend. It's looking likely

that I'll have to be around for it, meaning that Origins is a bust for
us, too.

I, personally, would prefer to go to Historicon, but Pennsylvania is a
bit too far to drive from down here just for a weekend. The HMGS chapter

has their convention in three weeks time, but it's quite a bit smaller
than Historicon and I'm not sure I can get away that weekend.

One of these days I'll get to another convention...
--

Allan Goodall		http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@cmaaccess.com	  agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Do you have pics of GZG 6mm Kra'vak stuff? Next: Re: Convention touring