Prev: Re: [FT] Agility Next: Re: [FT] Agility

Re: [FT] Agility

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:08:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Agility

> How many of you vac heads would like to see a ship's Turn ability be
> uncoupled from its Thrust rating?

In spite of the term cinematic, and the advent of 'vector', my limited
work
with air tables gave me the feeling that the FTII relation of
thrust/turn
is an admittedly simplistic, yet useful, modeling of rocket mechanics
over
very limited ranges. The effects of different classes/types of naval
ships
you cite occurs because of movement through a medium, of course.

However, for those who find cinematic totally illogical, and that it's
actually tactical 'warp' movement, the medium can be warp/gravitic
space,
and decoupling might be in order.

Definitely an alternative to me, and not terribly interesting.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Agility Next: Re: [FT] Agility