Prev: [FT] Agility Next: Re: [FT] Agility

Re: [FT] Agility

From: "Stephen Scothern" <stephen.scothern@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:34:04 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Agility

From: "Laserlight"

> How many of you vac heads would like to see a ship's Turn ability be
> uncoupled from its Thrust rating? For example, perhaps you could
> build:
> Freighter: Thrust  4 / Turn 1
> Courier: Thrust 7 / Turn 2
> Destroyer: Thrust 4 / Turn 5 (note that Turn is greater than Thrust on
> this one)
>
> And if you like the idea, what house rules would you suggest?

I quite like the fact that thrust and turn are coupled, so you have to
trade-off between one or the other. If you wanted to represent a range
of
manoeuvre ability, how about changing the amount of thrust you must use
for
a particular manoeuvre:

Human military drives (standard)  : 1 thrust = 1 turn point (max 1/2
thrust
can be used for turning)
Human civilian drives : 2 thrust = 1 turn point (max 1/2 thrust can be
used
for turning)
Human freighter drives (standard)  : 3 thrust = 1 turn point (max 1/2
thrust
can be used for turning)

Kra'Vak advanced drives : 1 thrust = 1 turn point (all thrust can be
used
for turning)
Kra'Vak 'super advanced' drives 1 thrust = 2 turn points (all thrust can
be
used for turning)

And so on ...

Steve Scothern

________
This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is
intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in
error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are
free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any
responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.
________

Graham Technology plc				    http://www.gtnet.com
________

Prev: [FT] Agility Next: Re: [FT] Agility