Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: [FT] First Game AAR

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:06:01 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

Dough wrote:

>Back in May of 2000, the savant formerly known as OO stated:
>
>"Does the Enhanced Pulse Torpedo require a Firecon?
>Yes, the Firecon ruling for FT2 still applies, though Jon Tuffley
>states:
>I think for the FB2 rules we should drop the firecon limitation for PTs
>and
>treat them just as any other weapon system "
>Since the P-torp is a human rather than alien weapon this change didn't
>make it into FB2, but it is IMO a safe bet to consider it [OFFICIAL].
>
>See:
>http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200005/msg00262.html
>
>I can't find Jon's original quote on this, though I seem to recall
having
>seen this. Of course, it COULD have been in a private note to Oerjan,
or on
>the playtest list. I'm often dillusional, you know.

No, it was on this list sometime in 1999 - after FB1 was released but
before FB2. The change wasn't included in FB2 since P-torps are "human"
weapons and FB2 was all about "alien" tech, and, well... Jon probably
didn't intend that the next Full Thrust book would be delayed quite this

much :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada