Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

Re: [FT] First Game AAR

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:51:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

>I would guess that the number of ships makes more difference than the
number
of points? I wouldn't want to go below 4 or 5 ships, as I would think
this
would limit the available tactics somewhat.

It depends.  A game with 10 big ships will obviously take longer than a
game with 10 small ships--the small ships have fewer weapons, choices on
targeting, and systems to check on thresholds. And they die faster.  On
the
other hand, you're not going to have 10 small ships for the same points
hvalue, you're going to have, say, 30, so your order writing can take
longer--depends on whether you maneuver them as squadrons or not--and
physically moving the ships will certainly take longer.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR