Prev: Re: The Fighter Problem Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: [OT] Digital Camera

From: Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:59:35 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Camera

damosan@comcast.net wrote:

> So my question to your listers with digitals: I need a DC which is
capable of taking close ups but doesn't cost and arm and a leg.
Suggestions?

Ricoh RDC 300 (old, will be 2nd hand).
Bad bits - resolution 640x480
Good bits - focusses down to 1 cm : a 25mm torso fills the frame. A
stand of 5 infantry on a GW 2cm x 2cm base fills the frame, and you can
see the faces very well.

As a general purpose camera, time has passed it by. For close ups, still

better than most modern cameras.

Ricoh RDC 7 appears to have the same 1cm macro closeup capability, plus
2048 x 1346 pixel resolution (!) RDC 1700 likewise.

AFAIK Ricoh make the very best cameras for close-ups. 1 cm is 0.4
inches.

--
Alan & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: Re: The Fighter Problem Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada