Prev: Re: Fighters.... Next: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

From: Infojunky <infojunky@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:45:32 +0100
Subject: Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

Ryan Gill wrote:

> At 5:58 PM -0500 4/25/05, David Rodemaker wrote:
>
>>Or how about getting each Polity/Race Playtester to write up a
doctrine
>>paper, PDF it, and provide it free on the website?
>

> I got my start on Harpoon. Even there, the surest way to kill a
Carrier Battle Group with 2 Aegis Cruisers and a mess of Tomcats was to
get as many missiles in the air from as many bear and backfire bombers
as possible.

> The job of the Tomcats was to get your bears before hand, but the name
of the game was swamp the defenses.

Ah... Rollback. Enguage as many of the defense at once so something
leaks through. Make sure there is a bouttload of harms in that 1st wave
and usually they never see the second.

--
Evyn

"Scientia Est Potentia"

http://ceecom.net

Prev: Re: Fighters.... Next: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada