Prev: RE: Bases Next: Re: Bases

Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

From: Sylvester Wrzesinski <xveers@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:42:07 -0700
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

Ground Zero Games wrote:

>> > Now, as you'll have noticed, none of these [new ESU classes] have
>> names yet - so I'm asking for suggestions from you guys on the
>> list.... obviously they need to be in keeping with the original ESU
>> class names, a mix of Russian and Chinese - so, any good ideas? <

Hmm, looting through my books and so on I have a few suggestions:

One that I ran across would be the "Long Chun" Spring Dragon class...
more fitting for a larger ship methinks, since dragons are considered
large, imposing creatures (even in communist china :D )

As well, previously mentioned conjectural classes can also be picked
(I'm more for brand new names, but should there be a bind where no-one
can make a decision, these would be nice to fill in the cracks):

FG: Grisha & Kunitsa
CL: Kiang

Finally, one good classname perhaps for the CH would be the "province"
class. Preferably in chinese, I tried to feed it into babelfish but it
gave me the character instead of actual roman characters....

Prev: RE: Bases Next: Re: Bases