Prev: Re: New KV designs, was Re: A remark... Next: Re: New KV designs, was Re: A remark...

Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:34:55 +0200
Subject: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

Jon T. wrote:

>>So when are you going to start selling *small* metal hex stands for
use
>>with lighter classes? IIRC you should have a production mould for them

>>stashed away somewhere ;-)
>
>Rather depends if there is a demand for them.... do folks want to see
them
>in production?

How will there ever be a demand for them if you never tell anyone that
they
exist? <g>

When I custom-ordered mine, you said that you'd have to make a
production
mould for them since I needed so many. If you did that, it shouldn't be
that much extra work to cast a few to put on display at Salute and/or
ask
Paul to put them into the web store... that way you'll soon learn if
there's a demand for them <g> ('Course, if you *didn't* make a
production
mould for them it'd be a lot more work for you now too!)

>We're talking about a small metal hex base about (from memory - I don't

>have one here to measure - OO?) 18mm or so across, to take either a
metal
>or plastic post.

14mm between opposite sides, 16mm between opposite corners. I use them
for
ships up to FF size or thereabouts which don't extend very far outside
the
base, and I typically mount these ships on half-height posts (either the

short GW ones or standard plastic ones cut down to size) so the small
ships
can fit under larger ones when they are in base-to-base contact (or even

with bases overlapping, since the small hex bases are flat and
relatively
thin).

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: New KV designs, was Re: A remark... Next: Re: New KV designs, was Re: A remark...