Prev: RE: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet

Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:24:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

On Apr 11, 2005 9:08 PM, laserlight@quixnet.net <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:
> >If I were really trying to be silly, I could add
> the platoon designated marksman.  It's actually illegal since there is
> a six-man limit on PA squads.
>
> Illegal?  In the Cheese Game?  I don't even see why it'd be illegal in
> vanilla StarGrunt -- at least, I don't recall ever seeing a rule that
you
> can't have more than 6 PA.

The squad building rules for this version of Carnage Con Queso are
really simple. You bring your own squad, and can choose whatever
equipment and weapons you like, with the following few limitations:

Maximum of 10 troops (or maximum of 6 if they are wearing Power Armour)
Maximum of 4 support weapons
Maximum of 3 IAVR rockets
All troops must be equipped with the same type of armour
All troops armed with a basic weapon must be equipped with the same
type of basic weapon

> >Cheese rating 36
>
> You have a long way to go.  I believe Doug's squad was 56.  And
someone
> else brought a squad which had, IIRC, a cheese rating of 7, but he
also got
> a 50VP penalty for Exceptional Evil and Using the Force.

OK, I can add the marksman for another 6 points, plus (since his
sniper rifle is actually FPd10 Imp d12) and an EW guy who costs one
point plus cost of the EW package. Two more IAVRs, and that kicks me
up to 45.  Can't doctrinally support much more.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: RE: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet